Florence and the Machine will play Australian shows in Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane and Sydney, as well as one New Zealand show in Auckland. They will be supported on their January 2019 tour by Billie Eilish and NZ singer-songwriter Marlon Williams at some select shows.
Their new album "High As Hope" is Florence and the Machine’s first album since 2013. "How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful" back then produced the band’s third consecutive #1 on the UK charts. Florence said their new single "Hunger" would be all about our attempts to feel less alone. She said, "this song is about the ways we look for love in things that are perhaps not love, and how attempts to feel less alone can sometimes isolate us more," and added: "I guess I made myself more vulnerable in this song to encourage connection, because perhaps a lot more of us feel this way than we are able to admit. Sometimes when you can’t say it, you can sing it."
These are all the Florence and the Machine 2019 tour dates for Australia and New Zealand:
- Saturday 12 January – Perth Arena, Perth
- Wednesday 16 January – Botanic Park, Adelaide
- Friday 18 January – Sidney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne
- Saturday 19 January – Mt Duneed Estate, Geelong
- Tuesday 22 January – Riverstage, Brisbane
- Saturday 26 January – The Domain, Sydney
- Wednesday 30 January – Spark Arena, Auckland
Florence and the Machine 2019 tickets will go on sale on Thursday 28 June, noon local time. In order not to miss out on any further Florence and the Machine tour announcements for 2019 register to our:
In the meantime check their new single "Hunger":