US hip hop icon Kendrick Lamar has announced he'll be returning to New Zealand and Australia in July 2018. Lamar made international headlines last week for being presented the 2018 Pulitzer Prize For Music for his landmark 2017 album DAMN., the first ever non-classical or jazz work to win the award. Widely regarded as one of the most impactful musical figures of our age, these shows will showcase the artist at the very height of his powers.
The Hottest 100-winning US rapper Kendrick Lamar will hit arenas in Perth, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Dunedin and Auckland in July. The 30-year-old Californian will tour off the back of his latest album, DAMN., which has sold millions of copies and spawned chart-topping singles.
The full tour dates:
- Tuesday, July 10 — Perth, Perth Arena
- Friday, July 13 — Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena
- Sunday, July 15 — Adelaide, Adelaide Entertainment Centre
- Tuesday July 17 - Dunedin, Forsyth Barr Stadium
- Thursday July 19 - Auckland, Spark Arena
- Tuesday, July 24 — Sydney, Qudos Bank Arena
Tickets for Kendrick Lamar go onsale for Perth at 2pm, Melbourne at 1pm, Adelaide at 3pm, and Sydney at 12pm, all local times, here: